Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter from Stonehouse, England!

 
 
No, I'm not really in England, but I'm participating in International Fake Journal Month which runs in April each year.
 
I'm transporting myself to a very small village in the Cotswalds, England.  I have been become increasingly interested in researching my family history, so I'm pretending that my ancestors didn't leave that area, but that I still managed to end up on the planet.  I'm hoping to learn more about the area and what life is like there now.
 
That's a picture of my house and a gouache painting of some hot cross buns.  Roz is giving us some prompts if we care to use them and one of today's prompts was "bakery goods".
 
I prepared my journal by gelli printing some wild backgrounds.  In this pretend life I take way more risks in my journal, for better or for worse.  Painting in thick gouache is new to me too.

2 comments:

Passionforstamping said...

Great start and I'm looking forward to following you on your journey.

Susan said...

Thanks, Dianne! I still have "your house" bookmarked - maybe I'll get over there sometime (wink wink)