Friday, June 24, 2016

Magic Stamp

 
A few weeks ago I was reminiscing with my sister, Dianne, about Penscore, which has now been renamed Magic Stamp.  Does anyone remember this stuff?  You heat it up (with a heat gun or light bulb) and then press it against textures to create your own stamps.  Reheat it and the impression disappears and you can start over.  I made the impression above with a hemlock cutting.
 
Not content to stop there, I wanted to make a longer, rectangular stamp, but didn't have a piece of Magic Stamp the right size or shape.  Hmmm, this stuff feels like what?  Floatie board!  You know, those kick boards you buy at the dollar store.  Well, I just happen to have one that I had been cutting up to use as ink daubers, so I tried that:


 
This impression was made by heating the floatie board and pressing it into a "molding mat".
 
What a fun trip down memory lane that was!



1 comment:

Passionforstamping said...

These are fab! And, I love the colours you used! I'll be digging out the floatie board and a potato masher to give this a try.