Saturday, March 8, 2014

Watercolor Painting with Tombow Markers





I painted these Artist Trading Cards with Tombow markers, using a variety of watercolor techniques.  Sometimes I applied the marker onto the watercolor paper and then added water to move the color, and sometimes I scribbled the marker onto a paper palette so that I could pick up the color and apply it with a brush.  

Mostly I don't see the point of substituting markers for actual watercolors, but I do like how bright and vivid the colors are.  I don't have many Tombows, but chose the Jelly Bean set when I wanted to experiment with them because the set contains bright colors (like hot pink and lime green) that I don't have in my watercolor tube paints.  So, I just may use them to mix and match with my watercolor paints and pencils.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

These are really pretty,I like the watercolor techniques you used.