Saturday, March 16, 2013

Unification

My art journey is largely a learning process, whereby I travel from one technique, system, or process to another as I want to experiment with something.  Design is one of my frequent obsessions, and lately I have been concentrating on unification.  It will be an ongoing project in my Acrylic Visual Journal, but I have found a new way to experiment in my other journals also.


The left side of this journal spread was created a year ago, and is simply a copy of one of my pages in a collaborative book journal described here.  The insertion of this copy on the left side meant the right side of the journal spread was blank except for the purple background, and I haven't known what to do with it.

Last night I decided that this would be an excellent exercise in unification.  I've got many blank pages in my journals so I think I may continue this exercise for awhile.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I like the idea of unification,and your Acrylic Journal is fabulous!
I would love to make one someday:)