Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Rediscovering My Love of Grids

The Vancouver Artist Trading Card group is currently sponsoring a book project - known loosely as "The Book of Ugly".  It was born out of a discussion regarding our society's obsession with the beautiful and our damning of the ugly.  Often, the superficially ugly is found to be quite beautiful!

So, we all cleaned out our studios of supplies we considered to be "ugly", and exchanged them amongst the twelve participants.  We are to make book pages which we will then exchange to complete our Book of Ugly.

Here are a sample of my completed pages:







These pages were based on a challenge I completed last year for the GPP Street Team which began here.  I loved doing the journal pages so much I thought I would repeat the joy with my book pages.

Yesterday I was reminded once again of my love of grids when I skimmed through the free Easter colouring book from Doodle Art Alley.  When I got to the page with the Easter grid my heart beat a little faster.

Inspiration is all around us!  Mine is all in the grids it seems.

2 comments:

Sandie R said...

Wonderful pages Susan but I don't see anything ugly about them. the grid system seems to work well for you.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

This is a very cool ~ and healing ~ exercise. I may have to borrow and adapt it!